Keeping your FoodCycler clean will help contribute to its long, healthy, odour-free life. Both the exterior and the bucket of your unit can be cleaned. To ensure proper and safe cleaning, carefully follow these directions.
To clean the outside of your machine:
- Soak a soft cloth in a mild dish soap and warm water solution (1/4 tsp of dish soap for 2L of water).
- Wring it out so it is damp (not wet).
- Wipe down your unit, removing any dust or spills.
- Remove any remaining moisture with a dry, lint-free cloth.
Warning: DO NOT immerse your FoodCycler unit in water! Exterior cleaning only!
Your FoodCycler’s food waste bucket is made from cast iron with a protective coating, so it is dishwasher friendly for your convenience. Your bucket should be cleaned every 5-6 uses to remove build up (or as needed), promote effective processing, and cut down on odour when the unit’s lid is open.
To clean your food waste bucket:
- Take the bucket out of the FoodCycler.
- Make sure all loose food waste has been removed.
- Place the bucket bottom-up in the lower rack of your dishwasher.
- Run on a hot cycle.
- When the cycle is finished, allow the bucket to cool before placing it back in your FoodCycler. The bucket will be extremely hot immediately after washing