- Open lid, turning it counterclockwise.
- Remove waste bucket from unit.
- Put food waste inside waste bucket, being careful not to put waste above maximum capacity line indicated in the bucket.
- Place waste bucket back inside the unit.
- Close lid and turn it clockwise to seal lid tightly.
- Store any food waste in the bucket and process it when the bucket is nearly full or at waste capacity. Do not exceed 1.5kg (approximately 3 pounds) of food waste at any one time when processing the waste.
- To begin processing, push the start button once. When the processing is completed, the unit will automatically revert back to standby mode. (Note: If the cycle is interrupted by a power failure, once restarted, the original cycle will resume)
- To turn your FoodCycler™ unit completely off, hold the power button down for 3 seconds.. It is suggested you do this if you are leaving your house for a long period of time. Just be aware that turning the unit off with food waste inside can cause odors. Ideally, you will want to leave the bucket clean and empty if you will be away for an extended period
Processing time takes an average of 3 - 6 hours. Cycle time will vary depending on the types of food being processed and the total moisture content. The cooling phase, which uses little power, takes an additional 30 minutes. Do not touch the lid right away if the unit has been on and processing food waste as it will be very hot. When possible, wait one hour before touching the lid.
|Lid-Lock||Fastens unit lid during processing to help minimize odour and promote safe, secure and effective processing.|
|Start-Stop Button||Used to begin or end processing of food waste.|
|On/Off Button||Used to turn on and off the FoodCycler™.
Note: Must hold down for 3 seconds to turn on/off.
|Cast-Iron Waste Bucket||Heavy-duty cast-iron bucket is dishwasher friendly and features a protective coating to help prolong its life.|
|Carbon Filter||Used to filter odours that naturally occur as part of the food waste breakdown process.|
|Change Filter Indicator Light||This indicator light will notify you when the filter needs to be replaced.
Note: The reset button for this light is at the back of the machine. Remove back panel, directly above filters, and hold the button down for 3 seconds in order to reset.
|Unit in Drying Phase Indicator Light||This indicator lets users know that the drying phase of the process has commenced.|
|Unit in Grinding Phase Indicator Light||This indicator lets users know that the grinding phase of the process has commenced.|
|Unit in Cooling Phase Indicator Light||This indicator lets users know that the cooling phase of the process has commenced.|