Changing your carbon filter is essential to ensuring odourless food waste breakdown and efficient operation of the machine. When the machine is used regularly, the filters will need to be changed after 120 hours of usage. The Change Filter light will notify you at this time.
How To Change The FoodCycler Filters
- Open the carbon filter cover in the back and remove the carbon filter air guide cover.
- Remove the old filters and remove the stickers from the top and bottom of each new filter before inserting them.
- Insert the right side filter and then the left side filter, attaching them by turning them clockwise.
- Replace the carbon filter air guide cover.
- Close the carbon filter cover.
- After replacement, press button for 3 seconds. Change Filter indicator will turn off.
Note: When using your FoodCycler™unit for the first time, the filters will already be in place; you only need to remove the top sticker before operating the unit.
Always change both filters at the same time; not doing so can cause odours. After replacing the filters, check to see if they are shaking or are wobbly. If they are, they are not secured properly. Remove and install them again. Filters that are not in place can allow odours to escape. Be sure that stickers from both sides of the filter are removed.